Sunday, March 18, 2012

Мојот Пазар (My Pazar)

My town's weekly pazar is a magical place, especially this time of year. There are so many amazing fruits and vegetables, all a little fresher than what I could find in the US. And it is so amazingly cheap. This was the result of my shopping trip this past Friday (and I am pleased to report that 1) I got all of the fruits and vegetables I asked for, nothing different and 2) my onion and potato man gave me a look for a minute than picked up right where we left off by choosing me the best potatoes and onions he had).

1 kilogram of spinach- 20 denari (43¢)


1 kilogram of carrots- 50 denari ($1.07)
1.5 kilograms of potatoes- 20 denari (43¢)
1.5 kilograms of onions- 30 denari (65¢)
1 kilogram of oranges- 30 denari (65¢)
1 kilogram of kiwi- 50 denari ($1.07)
Grand total: 7 kilograms (15.4 lbs) of fruits and vegetables = 200 denari ($4.27)

No comments:

Post a Comment